For Covid-19: Latest Updates. Please click here
Why book with us?
  • A comfortable car
  • Meet and Greet service
  • FREE Waiting time
  • FREE Baby/Child Seat
  • FIXED Prices-No Hidden charges
  • Wireless Internet (Business only)
Customer Rating
Tripadvisor Ratings
Book Online or Call +44 208 688 7744
Secure Pay By
Our Video Our Video
Daily Tours
VIP Meet and Assist
Special Offers
London Transfers
Meet And Greet Service
  • Meeting inside the Airport
  • Free Waiting Time
  • No Hidden Charges
  • Flight tracking
  • No Charge for flight delays
2 - May - 2014

Airport Travel Back Up After It Problems



London Gatwick and Heathrow airport have today confirmed that its business operations are back to normal. This is after border force computers in the UK experienced faults since Wednesday disrupting operations in most major airports and ports. The long list also includes Birmingham and Stansted, Sea Ports such as Dover and Southampton also had their operations disrupted. On an issue released earlier, the home office offered an apology for the IT faults and promised that their engineers would take care of the problem.

After Heathrow and Gatwick confirmed that operations had picked up, the immigration minister said that the Engineers had been working relentlessly the whole night to restore the systems. James Brokenshire also took time to apologise for the delays and inconviences that the IT problem had caused especially at the passport controls section. He confirmed to have visited Heathrow airport earlier in the day where he urged the technicians to draw lessons from the event so as to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.

Gatwick airport also confirmed that the lengthy queues witnessed on Wednesday in the terminals had significantly reduced. The spokesperson said that the IT operations were back up and running. Staffs at the airports were forced to manually key in passengers’ passport details which are usually easily scanned, taking up less time. This saw an increase in border force personnel that were called in to help out.

 Most of the passengers admitted to have been frustrated as one could wait in a queue for up to an hour and a half. Most desks are said to have been packed and very busy for most parts of Wednesday Evening. During interviews with the passengers who had experienced slow services due to the IT failure confirmed that though the Border agency staff were struggling to control the situation, they were generally helpful, professional and friendly.